Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: What a hobby!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What a hobby!

I'm so glad that I have had the opportunity to talk to and learn from aloicious. With out you I would still be looking at point and shoots thinking why do you suck so bad! You cost me $300 abd when I zoom in it gets all grainy and crappie. Lol
    Thanks so much for all the help you have Given me.

For a long time I had always wanted to take a photo that looked like it does in person. This seemed impossible because all the cameras I had ever used just focused on everything in view. After joining a truck enthusiasts forum I stumbled upon a wildlife thread and saw what look to me to be rather anazing photos. I found the photographer of these and that was Aloicious. I pucked his brain for almost 3 months about this that and the other before I found a guy in town with a used D90. I bought tge body 3 batteries and 2 chargers for $375.
    I got a great deal. The d90 looks like new still.

I have learned quite a bit in the past few months. I try to practice as often as possible. I just love getting out as tge sun comes up or just after a big storm. This hobby is such a blast.

Thanks so much Aloicious I'm not sure if I could ever repay you for the joy you have given me.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!
    Likes Aloicious liked this post

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    no problem man. glad you're having fun, that's whats important....I think its kindof interesting how your view of the world changes when you start getting into photography. I can't drive to/from work anymore without looking for hawks on the telephone poles, or watch a sunset without thinking of how I would compose the shot (even when I don't have a camera with me), it helps me see things I wouldn't normally see, and appreciate the beauty around us that I wouldn't normally have taken pause to think about.

you want to repay me? POST UP SOME PHOTOS! hahah j/k man...you'll have to come visit out here sometime and we can go shooting, I know plenty of places that we can see some cool stuff, you can meet whipped383 too, he lives ~30 mins from me.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    so check out this shot I got of my cousin practicing TIG welding.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    thats cool, I like that. welding pics are fun.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    this seems a good enough place to post cool photos of mine.

Please excuse the blur, I didn't have my tripod and I didn't want to use the flash. not to mention it was 2 degrees that night.
    I relied solely on the VR to help clean up my shivering haha.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    looks cold! its snowing here tonight, first time in a month or so. the weather here has been suprisingly good recently, we've had a few days in the 40's, but mostly hanging out in the lower 30's
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog