Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: My first canvas

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My first canvas

Well I took some panoramic photos of the storm that went through a few weeks ago and had aloicious stitch it together in photoshop for me. I really liked the way the panoramic photo turnd out.

I liked it so much that I had it made into a panoramic canvas. Well it showed up on my door step in the snow today!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    how did I not see this thread? way cool! I know its been like a month since you posted this but you still diggin' it? did you hang it up?
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. I hung it up in the "family" room. I still like it.

I know now since getting PSCC that the reason it arched is because if the lens distortion. I tried to correct it but it didnt help much. I took another panoramic of my backyard after the blizzard came out the same way, and it was taken on a tripod.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Oh and one more thing when I processed it on my pc I made it to dark. So next time I'll know to lighten it up a bit before having it printed.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    yeah, lens distortion is a big reason, but panoramas are surprisingly more complex than most people think, you've also got parallax errors and nodal rotation points to think of if you want to get into them a lot. a place called nodal ninja makes special panorama heads for correcting parallax error which makes all the post production work so much easier. I'd like to get one someday, I don't do tons of panos, but its a pretty cool setup to get everything as spot on as you can. http://www.nodalninja.com/

other places like really right stuff make pano setups too which are really good and well made, but really expensive too.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.