Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: Turkey vulture

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Turkey vulture

got these photos today after work. I had a few turkey vultures soaring over the shop. perfect oppetunity.

• Size & Shape

Turkey Vultures are large dark birds with long, broad wings. Bigger than other raptors except eagles and condors, they have long "fingers" at their wingtips and long tails that extend past their toe tips in flight. When soaring, Turkey Vultures hold their wings slightly raised, making a V when seen head-on.
    • Color Pattern

Turkey Vultures appear black from a distance but up close are dark brown with a featherless red head and pale bill. While most of their body and forewing are dark, the undersides of the flight feathers (along the trailing edge and wingtips) are paler, giving a two-toned appearance.

information from: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/turkey_vulture/ID
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    nice! #1 has some great lighting I like it a lot, #2 is rough with the backlighting, but you still got some detail on him. nice shots, I have yet to get a turkey vulture, whenever I see them they're usually very far away.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Certainly not the most beautiful of the raptor family but still a large bird to shoot while my shutter finger is itchy!
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!