Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: D600-D610

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

D600-D610

I'm thinking about going fullframe with my next body. It looks like my easiest path is through a D600. I guess I just wanna get some input from people on going from a crop sensor to a D600.

I would like to keep this thread mostly based on knowledge of the D600 and things I should know when purchasing and operating thos body.
    Thank you everyone for your input in advance.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a d600 specifically, but I have tested them a little.

the biggest possible issue is lenses when going from DX to FX. remind me what lenses you have currently?
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    The only dx lens I have is my 18-55 vr that won't be hard to sell
    Then I'll buy a new sigma wide zoom. Hehe.

Other than that I have Fx lenses is the correct term (G lenses)?
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    well, G lenses aren't necessarily FX coverage lenses. in fact many G lenses are DX lenses. all the G means is that the lens does NOT have an aperture ring.

any DX lens will be labeled as a DX lens in it's proper name, for example the 18-55 you have, it's proper title is: AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR (notice it's also a G lens indicated by the G after the aperture numbers)

you can see it's identified as a DX lens in it's name, it'll also say it on the lens too.

FX lenses aren't labeled as FX, but they WON'T be labeled as DX, for example the proper name for the 24-70 lens is: AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

you can see it's a "G" lens too. but it's not a DX lens and so isn't labeled as such.

the reason they're not labeled as FX is because they are a made for coverage of a 35mm frame size (which coincidentally is the size of the FX sensor), so even lenses back from the 50's were "FX" lenses, but since DX/FX separation didn't exist until digital photography times, basically all nikon lenses are FX lenses, except for those specifically labeled as DX lenses.

if that makes sense.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.