Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Acquiring a nikkor 70-200 F2.8 VRII

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yep, 2 year warranty through (CPS) $25
    uploadfromtaptalk1429534621714.png
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...204345&alt=web

Take a look at this one if you get time .

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    That would have been a warranty of their own if they do, it wouldn't be a Nikon warranty. But they're good so their warranty would be a good thing
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't get that eBay one it's grey market most likely, and their eBay warranty is likely not worth the paper it's printed on
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yea. I don't get why all these east coast stores are selling grey lenses.
    Do I save the money and get a used lens, or spend the extra to just get a brand-new lens from B&H ( 5 year warranty, and if I get a bad copy there's no worried about getting in replaced.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that's always the question. A place like lens authority is good because they actually have the ability to fix the lens and back up their warranty.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes NEF.D90 liked this post

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Check this out. This company sells grey market but they seem to be a stand up company.
    This is a massage I got back on ebay.
    uploadfromtaptalk1429729053294.png

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't do that at all. they can claim everything in the world but I would suspect that when you do need service its going to be a problem. he says the only time the lens would need warranty is if its dropped, but that's not at all what a warranty is for, thats just a damage repair, a warranty would be for things like manufacturing defects, mis aligned elements, premature failure of components. and why is he offering like half price on their "coverage" immediately.

they also make some pretty simple grammatical errors in their response which always makes me wonder about emails (i.e. "the lens are built pretty good", "7 year warranty for lens" just simple omission of "the" or wrong substitutions of "are" for "is", strange capitalization...if he truly doesn't understand english well, that is one thing, but he's also supposed to be the communication customer support for a US based company. one would think that proper communication would be a requirement)

nope this whole thing stinks of a scam or possibly scamola in some way. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't recommend going through ebay at all unless its a exceptional or well known seller (i.e. sometimes adorama or B&H sell their refurbs and stuff on ebay which I wouldn't worry about, but places like "deals all year" no way.)

plus there is stuff this:
    http://www.canonpricewatch.com/blog/...ryther-camera/

seems like they've changed their name at least once and have a past as a bait and switch operation under previous names.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes NEF.D90 liked this post

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the shredder! Haha. I love how you picked that apart, but to be clear I was not going to buy from them. I was just curious what their response would be to my question (are these lenses authorized imports?)
    I worded that last post wrong, by "stand up" I meant about how they handled the imported part.

I'm thinking new from B&H or used from lens authority w/warranty.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NEF.D90 View Post
    Welcome to the shredder! Haha. I love how you picked that apart, but to be clear I was not going to buy from them. I was just curious what their response would be to my question (are these lenses authorized imports?)
    I worded that last post wrong, by "stand up" I meant about how they handled the imported part.

I'm thinking new from B&H or used from lens authority w/warranty.
    ah yeah, most places, even the shady ones, will tell you if its import or not, otherwise they can lose feedback or get penalized by ebay for false advertising. sometimes they'll even not mention it, and if you buy it without asking you'll get a bait and switch email from them saying that price was for the import model which is out of stock and they'll demand extra money for the US version, or some BS like that.

B&H, Adorama, Lens Authority, KEH, pictureline, etc. they're all pretty good and I wouldn't have any problem buying from any of them (and I have), I also wouldn't have a problem going with amazon from any company as long as the lens itself is shipped by and from amazon themselves, because then you're dealing with amazon if there is a problem, and not some fly by night shop, and amazon does pretty well when it comes to returns and issues. there are other good companies out there too, but you just need to be careful, especially ones based in the NY/Brooklyn/NJ area, for some reason that area seems to be a magnet for scam shops.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast