Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: RIP Robin Williams

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

RIP Robin Williams

like most people, I was pretty shocked to hear about Robin Williams' passing. One of the all time greats IMO. RIP Robin, you will be missed.

I've discussed this in some of my other forums before, but I don't think I have here...Depression knows no boundaries of income, race, sex, age, etc. I work with people suffering from severe depression in the hospital regularly, it is something very real, and very serious. if you our someone you love is suffering from it, please get help, do not ignore the signs and symptoms. I know in many circles its seen as 'weakness' to seek help for psychiatric disorders, but nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm going to put this up here as a reference :http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

If anyone here is suffering from depression or just needs someone to talk to, you're also welcome to PM me too.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I will second the RIP Robin. by far one of the most intelligent minds in acting and comedy. He will be missed by millions

I am lucky enough not to know what depression feels like, I wake up everyday and am very thankful for everything life has to offer me.
    the though of not living another day scares the living daylights out of me so suicide is very low on my list of things to do.
    I think it's right under dying in my sleep.

I wish the best to anyone suffering from it and I try to look for signs of it in my family and friends.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    The world lost a good guy. Hook was by far my favorite movie for many years in my childhood. Flubber was a close second; had to own both of course heh.

Suicide usually comes as a surprise because of the social stigma that comes with mental issues like depression. I suffered from mild depression in middle school. Considered suicide but never attempted it. Spent a lot of time locked in my room, shut away from everything and everyone, just thinking bad thoughts. Then I'd go out with friends as if nothing was wrong, because I had "dealt with it" earlier on my own. I was able to put on a face and go about my day. That was the wrong way to go about it. Didn't get better til I met a new friend who suffered like I did and we both helped each other get better.

I've seen lots of touching images about Williams lately, but here's one that really stuck with me:

http://africartoons.com/
    Last edited by kamokevin; August 13th, 2014 at 09:45 PM.
    | Canon EOS Rebel T3i | Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II | Oben AC-1420 Tripod |