Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: Non-Photography hobbies

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Non-Photography hobbies

So what other hobbies do you have that aren't photography related?
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    My truck is right up there at the top. Everything that's been done to it since 2001 has been done by my dad and I except for welding up the exhaust. It's been the source of both many angry nights and lots of truly important learning experiences. I have a never ending list of plans for it that I can't wait to shorten. I hope to hold on to that truck until the day I die.

Guns. Firearms. Boomsticks. Rootie tootie aim n' shooties. Whatever you want to call them, I love them. I'm thankful to live in such a firearm friendly state so it's very easy for me to just "go out and shoot". I conceal carry everyday which means I have to practice a lot. I built my own steel targets made from 3/8" thick AR500 hardened steel plates, 4x4 posts, 4x4 steel tubing, and rebar. They should hold up to any pistol round and rifle rounds up to about 30-06.

I plan to make many more as funds allow and may start selling them if I can get enough local interest. Since I carry and have a need to be very proficient under everyday situations and high stress I've decided to start doing IDPA competitions. These competitions put the shooter in real world self defense scenarios and demand that the shooter handle the situations in the fastest, most accurate, and safest manner. I just bought my expensive competition legal holsters, so I'm in it for the long haul now

If I decide I like the competition scene, I may start doing 3-gun competitions. 3-gun isn't quite as practical as IDPA but looks like loads of fun.

I also reload all my own rounds to keep ammo costs down.

Another thing I love doing is CAD. I love designing things and I plan to make a career out of it. It feels so rewarding to imagine things in my head, draw them out on paper, do the math and adjustments, draw them in CAD and see them come to life in front of my eyes.

I'd like to start building computers but I don't have the funds for it right now. Hopefully soon though. Been getting into archery lately but can't afford my own bow so I've been using my dad's. I may get more serious about it in a few years. You'll notice all my hobbies are expensive
    | Canon EOS Rebel T3i | Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II | Oben AC-1420 Tripod |

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    right on, those CAD drawings look good, I haven't worked with CAD or anything though.

all hobbies are expensive aren't they? lol
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    right on, those CAD drawings look good, I haven't worked with CAD or anything though.

all hobbies are expensive aren't they? lol
    Thanks! I'm getting my associates in electro-mechanical design in order to help pay for the rest of my AME degree, so they're only gonna get better.

Hobbies do all seem to be pretty expensive though haha. Maybe I need to take up running or whistling or something
    | Canon EOS Rebel T3i | Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II | Oben AC-1420 Tripod |

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    very cool! hah yeah for sure, and even then you'd have to pay for nice running shoes and whatever whistling products were available, so even then you're not out of the expensive woods hahah
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog