Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy thanksgiving.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Happy thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving everyone in the us. And late happy thanksgiving to you Canadians. ;-)

I'm thankful for this forum and the people I've met on here.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!
    Likes Aloicious liked this post

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving! I was out of town with family, it was good. but its back to the grindstone now. d'oh!
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.
    Likes NEF.D90 liked this post

Likes (Received)
    I spent all damn day at target trying to get my wife a new phone. Their system was down and they couldn't get in to activate it. Finally ended up going to another store. I hate retail employees that don't want to do their job. The guy that finally ended up was great. So good I think I want to send his manager a thank you

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Isn't it nice when you find the employees that actually like their job,
    We went into furniture row the other night to buy a chair, normally you get attacked at the door by a sales person. We walked the entire store, past two employees and the only thing we got was "hi" .
    It's commission based work, so if they don't want to ask if I need help, then I'm not asking for them to help me. We left without the chair. Bad part is they didn't even have to work for it, we already knew what we wanted all I needed was too find out of it was in Stock. SMH

Likes (Received)
    Furniture stores are fun. I like to see how low I can get em to take their price. Just hang out long enough and theyll throw in all kinds of shit

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Haha. I'll try that when we go back in tomorrow.

I spent my Thanksgiving walking the dogs, and working on the case of my grandfather clock so I can re-install the movement, I took apart, cleaned and oiled, and install the new dial I had to order (along with some weight sleeves...won't be here till next week). Fun, fun, fun...
    Nikon D700 / D300
    F5 (Not Used)
    NIKKOR 20-35mm F/2.8D EDIF ZOOM, NIKKOR AF-S 24-70 F/2.8G EDIF ZOOM, NIKKOR AF-S 70-200 F/2.8D EDIF VR ZOOM, NIKKOR AF-S 300mm F/4D EDIF

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    That actually sounds pretty fun, I've never worked on a grandfather clock.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Many little screws, washers and nuts and a lot of adjustments. A lot of levers that need to be attached via screws/nuts or sliders into other levers and everything has to align just right or it won't tick/tock correctly and if it does not tick/tock correctly it won't play the melodies or chime on time.

But the case is finished, the movement and dial are installed, now just waiting for new brass weight sleeves to be delivered on Wednesday so by Thursday I will find out if I got all those levers in the correct position.
    Nikon D700 / D300
    F5 (Not Used)
    NIKKOR 20-35mm F/2.8D EDIF ZOOM, NIKKOR AF-S 24-70 F/2.8G EDIF ZOOM, NIKKOR AF-S 70-200 F/2.8D EDIF VR ZOOM, NIKKOR AF-S 300mm F/4D EDIF

Likes (Received)
    So has this been a woodworking project to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast