Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: Image stabilization

Likes (Received)

Image stabilization

So I was talking to a guy about phones the other day and cameras and stuff. He was telling me that the nest stage in image stability is actually shooting multiple frames and combining the frames to take out any blur. He claimed that the next generation of go pro cameras will have it as well as the next nexus phones.maybe my terminology isn't correct but he basically made it sound like its for shooting video and creating a more streamlined video without all the vibration. Has anyone heard of this or know where I might read about it?

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I could see that being the case with something like a cell phone or go pro. I don't see that being used with action cameras or DSLRs or anything more high end like that, taking multiple shots and combining them would significantly slow down shooting speed and thus significantly reducing capture ability IMO. seems kindof in the realm of gimmicky cell phone camera marketing "options".

this is what I found with a quick search:
    http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-ca...zation-report/
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Huh doesn't really sound as cool as I first thought lol. I'm quickly finding that out with a lot of things I'm reading lately lol

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    its essentially doing what many people have been doing in photoshop for ages, which is combining varied exposures to remove issues like flare, or movement, or whatever, except for you would be relying on the camera to decide what stays and goes, rather than doing it yourself.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes NEF.D90 liked this post

Likes (Received)
    For the novice tho that's not always a bad thing

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    true, but relying on things like that too much will detour people from learning to do it themselves, and get MUCH better results too. its like a hypertech vs learning to use EFILive.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Sure I know. I prefer to learn things myself. Sometimes I like the easy way tho till I get comfortable with it.
    Likes Aloicious liked this post