Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: OMD Micro4/3 Bodies

Likes (Received)

OMD Micro4/3 Bodies

So I thought I'd start a new thread here rather than ramble on in the other thread I started

Basically I am still undecided on if I want an olympus or not but there are 3 bodies they offer I'll start with what I know on them and don't like
    EM-1
    This is the entry level body but was the last one introduced so it does have some things the others don't software wise. It is not weather sealed. It does have an internal flash. Does not have an accessory port for grips battery's etc.

EM-5
    This was the first in the OM-D lineup and lacks some features of the newer ones. It is the camera my mom uses. Does not have Wi-Fi. Lower resolution screen. No built on flash. Does have accesory port for grips etc.

EM-1
    Top of the line and has features of both lower levels plus some. Does not have internal flash tho

The 5 is priced 100 dollars more than the 10 and the 1 is o think another 400 so I'm really undecided. I know if I am to get one witch one I want lol

Here's a pic of what my mom has

Anyway I don't know if any of you have read up on them but if you have would appreciate your input.

Likes (Received)
    And the EM5 is on sale till the end of the month 100 less than the 10. The 1 is also on sale 100 off
    Olympus E-620 borrowed

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I'm not overly familiar with olympus so I can't comment on the specific models, I can say that having a pop up flash isn't that helpful, most popup flashes are poor and don't give great light anyways. you'd be much better off getting a separate flash unit that you can point where you want and take off the camera and stuff, so don't let the lack of a on-camera flash detour your decision.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    I agree. They all have provisions for an external flash anyway
    Olympus E-620 borrowed