Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first flower shots

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha. Scare folks away... I'd like to see a thread with a few of those 400mm(bellow) shots in it, those sound very intriguing.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dwight.boulton View Post
    My biggest problem is the busy background.. Try to shoot wide open reduce depth of field. Also shooting flowers on cloudy days is a real bonus as it cuts down on flare. A little stunt that I have used is a 400mm lense with a set of bellows. Talk about subject sepperation. Always use a tripod. Stop your lense down and check your image for depth of field composition etc. learn to handle wind. Take your time and shoot shoot shoot. I think I'll stop here before I scare folks away��
    how did you support a 400mm on bellows? sounds like an interesting setup.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

The lens comes with a tripod mount. Use that put your bellows in between the camera and the lands, of course and shoot away. This system works extremely well for insects, who have a tendency to leave or die while you're setting up
    Using Tapatalk

How do I post an image on this forum
    Using Tapatalk

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    you're using tapatalk I'm guessing? if you are replying to a post or posting something new, you can hit the 'three dots' button in the upper right corner of tapatalk and it'll bring a menu that gives you the 'attach picture' or 'insert image link' options.

if you're using a typical browser, you can click the 'insert image' button (looks like a tree in a square), which will let you put in an image link from somewhere like photobucket, or flickr or something...or you can attach the image as a file attachment (you may have to click 'go advanced' down at the bottom to get to where an attachment can be uploaded. you shouldn't have to do that on a new thread, but on a reply, you might.)

hope that helps, I should probably make a little 'how to' article on that.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Very nice shots! Love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12