Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: Green-faced parrotfinch

Green-faced parrotfinch

Green-faced parrotfinch (Erythrura viridifacies) by alabang, on Flickr

The green-faced parrotfinch (Erythrura viridifacies) is a species of estrildid finch found in northern Philippines, around Luzon, Negros and Panay.

The green-faced parrotfinch is approximately 1213 cm long. This species green plumage except for its bright red uppertail-coverts and tail and darker fringes to the primaries. It has a long pointed tail. The female is slightly shorter and shows buff on the lower belly and vent. Both sexes have a large, dark bill. The green-faced parrotfinch makes a short, high-pitched tsit tsit, chattering and grating notes.

It inhabits tropical moist forest (including degraded areas), forest edge and even savannah, often above 1,000 m, but is occasionally found in the lowlands. It is usually found together with flowering or seeding bamboos, which are its food supply.

This species is threatened by deforestation which removes its food supply (bamboo seeds). The cage-bird trade has also affected its population as large numbers of green-faced parrotfinch in many districts of Manila have been caught and exported to the United States.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green-faced_parrotfinch

Location: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colegio...ucay.2C_Bataan

Settings: 1/1000 f/5.6 800mm ISO 640
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos.
    Likes Aloicious liked this post

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    wow look at all of them up there! nice shot
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Thanls Aloicious
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos.