Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Page 261 of 269 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2681

Thread: chat thread.

Likes (Received)
    That sounds like a good idea to me. Like Steve said why put it in a 0% savings plan.

Is the business to a point where its making money or is it just a write off for you?
    Olympus E-620 borrowed

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    its self sustaining for the most part now. it was costing me a bunch when I had the store open on GTC, I only got minimal orders over there with tons of fees and charges just to keep everything running like credit card processing, and everything required for that, distributor charges, etc. it was a real pain. so its recovering from that. but slowly getting better.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    That's good. What's involved in setting up and running a forum anyway? I found a good group on FB but what a cluster that is. It'd be nice to get all the members of the group on one forum cause its such a mess
    Olympus E-620 borrowed

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    its not hard, it does take some good time and effort to setup and everything, the hardest part, as you can tell around here lately, is keeping people active and posting. because without interaction, it makes growth very hard to do.

if its something that there is good interest in and people on the group would migrate over to it, then that wouldn't be too bad, I could help you out with it if youd like. the problem with facebook though is that if people go back to chatting on facebook and not on the forum, then it makes things really hard to keep conversations going on the forum, so you'd want to have the majority of the members migrate over to the forum and close the facebook group or lock it with a link to the forum or something. thats why I locked the GTC facebook page from the general public posting on it, I can make publication announcements and stuff, but I don't have the chit chat going on. and I'll probably never have a facebook page for my other sites unless it offers a decent benefit
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I need to post more photos on here but once again my laptop just isn't very fast at doing things so I have to dedicate a fair amount of time to posting photos on here. Also my Internet is fairly slow so that makes it more of a chore than a joy.
    This is the reason that most of my activity is on tapatalk.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    just do what you can. you are resizing them before trying to upload them anywhere in the internet right? like to something around 800-1200 px on the long side...that will make any upload/download times very quick.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yep. My Internet has a max upload of like 1mb/sec, I think that's right.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    yikes. you using dial up?
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha Hughes net

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    its not hard, it does take some good time and effort to setup and everything, the hardest part, as you can tell around here lately, is keeping people active and posting. because without interaction, it makes growth very hard to do.

if its something that there is good interest in and people on the group would migrate over to it, then that wouldn't be too bad, I could help you out with it if youd like. the problem with facebook though is that if people go back to chatting on facebook and not on the forum, then it makes things really hard to keep conversations going on the forum, so you'd want to have the majority of the members migrate over to the forum and close the facebook group or lock it with a link to the forum or something. thats why I locked the GTC facebook page from the general public posting on it, I can make publication announcements and stuff, but I don't have the chit chat going on. and I'll probably never have a facebook page for my other sites unless it offers a decent benefit
    I might take you up on that I'll have to see if there's any interest or if its wasted effort. What's it cost for hosting and such?
    Olympus E-620 borrowed