Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: greetings from the bayou state... the other LA

~k
    Likes (Received)

greetings from the bayou state... the other LA

greetings, my name is kyle, I am from baton rouge and read about this site on gmt400 (l<yle is my username there). I aspire to work on my truck n take photos n build a thread and all that, but alas, all I end up doing is reading... (:

I am a photographer and videographer by trade, but before that was a voiceover artist/mechanic/carpenter/welder, so I am very much a novice when it comes to nailing down pro level photos using manual settings. I shoot w a canon d7 w 24-70 and 70-200s and the weakest link to this equipment is the brain attached to the finger on the button. lol...
    although I enjoy what I do, its mostly what I call 'industrial' shots that enhance the training modules we build at alliancesafetycouncil.org, so I don't get out to the sticks much to shoot wildlife. perhaps hangin here will inspire me to get out there n shoot some more.
    Likes Aloicious liked this post

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    that's a nice setup you've got, feel free to post up any questions or share your pics, we're still a really small community here, but we're all here to help each other out.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    You should submit a photo for the forum's first competition (http://www.photographywild.com/showt...to-competion-1), that should be an easy way to get started on the whole wildlife/landscape thing.
    | Canon EOS Rebel T3i | Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II | Oben AC-1420 Tripod |

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    yeah, and there will be other kinds of contests coming up too once we get a more established memberbase.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Hey just stumbled across this thread welcome kyle. I'm 2000CCSB over on GMT400 glad you made it over here. Things will be picking up in this place soon.
    If your going to dream, Dream Big!