Register a FREE account with us to see less ads.

Thread: Article: Feisol Tournament CT-3442 Rapid Review

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Article: Feisol Tournament CT-3442 Rapid Review

-Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

C&C is always welcome on the images I post.

Likes (Received)
    Nice review! Those carbon fiber legs really make a difference in the weight, my equally sized tripod with aluminum legs weighs a little over 4 lbs. How do you carry the tripod when you're hiking?

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kamokevin View Post
    Nice review! Those carbon fiber legs really make a difference in the weight, my equally sized tripod with aluminum legs weighs a little over 4 lbs. How do you carry the tripod when you're hiking?
    in my hand. haha. my backpack that I usually take has a place for the tripod which I use sometimes. my monster gitzo weights around 7-8lbs without a head, so this one is very nice and light and compact...but the gitzo is also spec'd to hold 80+ lbs and extends to 9 feet tall hahah
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E
    Lenses - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC | Zeiss 15mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art | 105mm f2.5 AI-S | 70-200 f2.8G VRII | 200mm F4.0D Micro AF | 300mm f2.8 VRII

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    in my hand. haha. my backpack that I usually take has a place for the tripod which I use sometimes. my monster gitzo weights around 7-8lbs without a head, so this one is very nice and light and compact...but the gitzo is also spec'd to hold 80+ lbs and extends to 9 feet tall hahah
    Bah! That's not what I was hoping to hear This is the bag I've been using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it has straps for my tripod but it's super inconvenient and awkward so I was hoping you had a better solution haha
    | Canon EOS Rebel T3i | Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II | Oben AC-1420 Tripod |

Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kamokevin View Post
    Bah! That's not what I was hoping to hear This is the bag I've been using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it has straps for my tripod but it's super inconvenient and awkward so I was hoping you had a better solution haha
    I've got several bags in various sizes for different occasions, some are better than others in different areas. the backpack style ones are typically better for holding stuff like tripods and stuff for hiking IMO. I'll have to do some reviews on bags.

This is my LARGE backpack, there's a pic that shows it holding the tripod:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IQGMRQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my medium backpack, it also holds the tripod fairly well:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Pro-Ru...2247291&sr=1-9

then I've got a few small ones, none are really that great with holding a tripod, they're just physically too small to keep it secure and balanced.
    -Justin

Bodies - D800E

My PhotographyWild Blog

Likes (Received)
    I've got several bags in various sizes for different occasions, some are better than others in different areas. the backpack style ones are typically better for holding stuff like tripods and stuff for hiking IMO. I'll have to do some reviews on bags.

This is my LARGE backpack, there's a pic that shows it holding the tripod:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IQGMRQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my medium backpack, it also holds the tripod fairly well:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Pro-Ru...2247291&sr=1-9

then I've got a few small ones, none are really that great with holding a tripod, they're just physically too small to keep it secure and balanced.
    Well maybe one day I'll buy a backpack, when I have enough gear to fill one up. That Lowepro actually looks pretty nice. I think for now I'm just going take the strap off the bag it came in and attach it to the tripod as a sort of one point sling
    | Canon EOS Rebel T3i | Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II | Oben AC-1420 Tripod |